Today I had to pay the piper. My unexpectedly extended trip to Texas was rough in the nutrition area, so I wasn't too excited about my weigh-in and measurements. There was no getting around it, though. I had to assess the damage.
SO... one week at home, then three weeks in Texas. Nutrition was horrid my first week in Texas, but improved as I went along. Really, I wasn't surprised when the scale said I gained a pound and a half. The body fat monitor showed an increase in body fat as well. Bummer.
Thankfully, my trainer took measurements. Scales never tell the whole story and body fat monitors can be inaccurate if you're not fully hydrated or your training differs. Problem is, this story is somewhat baffling.
According to this, my measurements stayed the same, for the most part, except for my waist, chest and shoulders. I lost half an inch in my waist, which points to fat loss. Yay! The mystery, however, lies in my chest and shoulders. My chest went up by 1.5 inches. My shoulders increased by THREE INCHES IN FOUR WEEKS. What the...????
That had better be muscle!!
The only thing I can figure out is that it was my two weeks at a Crossfit box. There wasn't a day that went by that we didn't work the shoulders. Wall walks, kipping knee raises, snatches, you name it we did it.
Is it even possible to gain three inches of muscle in two weeks? I'm not sure if this is progress or a step backward.
Below is my month in review. Maybe you can figure it out. My workouts are listed on the left. The boxes are my nutrition. An "x" is a plan approved meal. A "0" is a skipped meal. An "*" is a meal that is off the plan.
Weeks 1 & 2. Guess which week was Thanksgiving. Yeah. I got a little frustrated.
Week 3
Week 4
Obviously there is room for improvement in regards to my nutrition.
Also, if Crossfit can change the body that rapidly, I am going to have to make some changes to the way I train.




No comments:
Post a Comment