When you watch someone do a box jump, it looks easy. They just spring up there with ease. No problem. It's not until you're standing in front of the box that you realize the box is quite high and has edges and corners of doom.
Here's the thing, I really try not to let my weight dictate what I try, but I'd be lying if I said it never discourages me. Last week, I looked at those edges of doom while I was at Crossfit and chickened out. I thought there was no way I could possibly get my overweight body on top of that box.
Fast forward to Friday.
Disappointed in myself for not trying the box jump, I decided it was time to conquer that fear. I turned on "Confident" by Demi Lovato, walked up to the "box," prepped for the jump and walked away.
Yep. I chickened out again.
It took about 15 minutes of pacing and rapid fire repeat of the first 30 seconds of "Confident" before I actually leaped. When I finally jumped, I landed that puppy with a mighty roar!
And scared my husband half to death.
Here's a video of success. There's no roar, but at least it's proof I made it.
Two more inches and I'll have made my goal of a 20" box jump.
No comments:
Post a Comment