Thursday, December 7, 2017

In Love

Day 240

Despite being stranded and completely out of my element, it has been a good 3 weeks in Texas. I've had fun with family, improved in my out of town eating habits and had some new experiences. I learned what it truly means to be a Crossfitter. I learned the snatch. And I learned that I like Crossfitting, but I love Olympic lifting.

Tonight I was the only one in the Crossfit session, so they allowed me to join the "Oly" class for the evening. We worked on the snatch and I had so much fun. It is seriously my favorite lift off all time.

Sometimes you need a break in the routine to find your path. After this break, I'm really hoping my path leads to competitive lifting. I'm so seriously addicted.

Here's one of my lighter lifts. I had them film me so that I can remember how to do it. They filmed from the back so that I could see the technique. Sorry about my rear being the view.


What you see is a snatch pull followed by a power snatch. Now I just need to figure out how to fit this goal in with all my other ones. 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Impressive! Nice job! Lifting is just the best.

Rebecca said...

Thanks, Jenn. I had a ton of fun learning this. Love lifting!