Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Number Redoes Make Me Gutsy

Day 253

Yesterday I weighed in and my weight shot down about 9 pounds from last week (overnight, really). I figured that I was likely retaining water or something from our trip. Hoping that meant my body fat was off as well, I had my trainer re-monitor it.

Last Week's Results:
Weight: 232.6 pounds
Body Fat Percentage: 42.3%

Yesterday's Results:
Weight: 223.4 pounds
Body Fat Percentage: 40.1%

WOOHOO!!!

(This is why you NEVER rely on scales alone. It's not an accurate indicator of results. I didn't lose 9 pounds of fat in a week. It's not possible.)

OK. Celebration time:

1) THERE'S A 2 IN THE 10'S PLACE!!

2) I'M NOT ONLY OFFICIALLY SMALLER THAN I WAS 5 YEARS AGO. I'M LIGHTER TOO!!

3) THAT'S MEANS I'M DOWN APPROXIMATELY 62 POUNDS SINCE THIS TIME LAST YEAR!!!

* Side Note: I wondered if the results were off because my shoulders were swollen last week. I just didn't believe I had actually gained that much muscle that quickly. Retook those measurements as well. NOPE! I really did gain 3 inches of muscle in my shoulders while I was in Texas.

Anyway, the numbers must have clouded my judgement because while I was out Christmas shopping, I decided to try on a dress I normally wouldn't have touched in a million years. It's cute and form-fitting and not meant for someone like me. Well, I slipped that puppy over my head and, low and behold, it wasn't hideous. I'm not sure it looks great, but it was good enough that I bought it. Not sure what I was thinking. Don't know if I have the guts to actually wear it.

When I got home, I tried it on for my daughter and husband to get outside opinions. My 8-year-old walked into the room and said he hated it. "Mommy looks too small to be Mommy."

Hmmm... Maybe I will wear it after all.

No comments: