Friday, April 14, 2017

The Magic Bra

Day 3

Just a quick warning before we start:

Men, if any of you are reading this post, you may want to stop. Now. (Okay, it might be wise to read to the end of this paragraph.) When I started this blog, I promised to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth (at least the truth as I see it. ;-P) As such, there will be times when my posts will be geared toward the ladies. This post is one of those times and may contain content that could upset a gentleman's sensibilities. To make it easier to decipher which posts will be contaminated with TMI in the future, I will add the subtitle "Ladies Post" to the title for your protection. Now on to our regularly scheduled program.

There's just no other way to get around it, so I'm going to have to come right out and say it. I'm large chested. (Fwew. Hope no one is too shocked!) Thanks to this curse blessing, there are some minor adjustments I've had to make to my attire when I exercise: I have to wear two bras. One is to keep them off the floor. The other, to keep them from flying away. I've done it for years and let's face it, it's a pain.

Yesterday I finally got fed up and took myself down to Lane Bryant to shop their one-bra-for-the-price-of-two (as opposed to three) sale. I walked through the door and heavenly music started playing. There, on the wall, was the sports bra of my dreams!

I tried it on and it was perfect. All the support of two bras in one! This thing was so heavily armored it would stop a bullet. Of course, I HAD to have it, so I bought it.... GUILT FREE! (Well, almost...)

I was so excited about this bra that I decided to take it on a major test run this morning. 4.5 miles, Baby!

Now, I knew this bra was going to be awesome, but what I wasn't expecting was for it to have magical powers! Woohoo!

In the past I've only been able to run (it's more of a jog, really) about a 1/3 of the 4.5 miles while I walked the rest. The most I was able to run without stopping to walk was a mile and it was a struggle. Today, however, I ran 2/3-3/4 of it! AND I ran a 1.75 mile section of it WITHOUT STOPPING TO WALK!

Some people might attribute this progress to harder training and fueling my body better, but not me! I give credit where credit's due.

THANK YOU MAGIC BRA!

(Lesson learned? Food and exercise intensity make the difference, but a little support goes a long way.)


No comments: