Sunday, April 16, 2017

A Big Weekend

Days 4 and 5

Holy cow! Can life just slow down now, please? It has been crazy busy since before Christmas. I think we might get a slight breather here (meaning we probably will have one or two commitments every day instead of four or five), but probably not for long.

So this weekend was a huge food challenge - one that I passed and didn't pass all in one.  Saturday there were all sorts of celebrations going on for various different reasons. I would say that in comparison to past choices, I passed the test on Saturday. I tried to choose from the healthier options at a potluck. (Note I said "healthier, not healthy.) I stayed away from the massive array of sugary goodness and the fast food, but I had some pasta salad and potato casserole, so... I suppose the jury is out.

Then, of course, today is Easter, which I'm not going to even start to discuss.


And that was just the beginning....

Major fail on my part! In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have caved to my daughters' craving for homemade cinnamon rolls. They're a gateway food to more hardcore sugar.  Here's to a better tomorrow!

No comments: