Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Stubborn

I am stubborn.  My husband will probably say, "No truer words have been spoken," when he reads this because it's true. (Look at my picture.  I even LOOK stubborn. lol) When I get it in my mind that something is "right" or "wrong," it is very difficult to convince me otherwise.  Such is true with the decision I made today.

I almost caved.  I almost took the offered branch.

But I didn't.

What stopped me?

I'm stubborn.

Through a very circuitous route and a good friend I realized that if I'm willing to spend the money to buy a food plan, then why would I not be willing to spend the money to seek other kinds of help?  The trick today was just figuring out what kind of help that was and where to find it.  There were some very appealing options that I would have loved, but they didn't fit into my crazy (did I mention I have five kids and am licensing to foster more?) schedule, so I did what I should have seen as a viable option when I started this gig:

I DROVE MY BUTT DOWN TO THE GYM, SIGNED UP AND GOT MYSELF A PERSONAL TRAINER AND A NUTRITIONIST!!

Questions were asked. Goals were discussed. (Jaws dropped when I told them my Spartan goal.)  "Are you OK with a male trainer?" "Yep. I prefer it." "Great! Here's your homework. Bring it back when you start tomorrow morning."  "OK!"

Of course, once I got home, I had my good-bye to my favorite foods dinner. (Counter-intuitive, I know. Just being honest here.)  Oh, and I had to change my clothes because my girls told me I smelled horribly like sweat.  (Didn't know gym sweat smell could transfer to clothes by just being IN the gym.) But I'm excited and I feel good about my decision.  Other options are still available if I need them in the future.

No comments: