Day 2
You can always tell when you've done that first day back at the gym right. You've worked hard. You're doing good. And then you're feeling bad... Really bad... Really, REALLY bad.
Yesterday was my first real workout with my trainer, who I think is gonna work out just fine, by the way. We worked on things I probably never would have done on my own simply because I would have thought it would have been bad on my often painful knees. Though he said he was going to work me aggressively, I didn't think it was too bad. Okay, the hop overs were awful, but on the whole it wasn't too bad.
We're walking back to the desk. I'm feeling good! I've shown him I'm capable of more than he thought I would be (yeah, I really don't like to show weakness).
Then I take one more sip of water.
Oh NO!
It was too much to soon! I'm getting super sick to my stomach. Crap! I KNOW what comes next and it's so much worse than barf.
We're wrapping up the session and it hits. The heat. Followed by the cold. Followed by the light-headedness. If I don't get somewhere that I can relax and breathe quick, I'm going down right here in front of everyone.
The buzzing starts. I perch on the stool.
Not good enough.
I ask what I should should be doing in between sessions. Cardio or strength?
He thinks. His answer is quick, but it takes far too long. "You're already really strong, so cardio."
"Great! See you next week," and I book it to the very dark sitting room that's in the girls locker room and lounge in the cushy chair for a good 10-15 minutes so that I can drive home.
Guess he worked me harder than I thought he did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment