Day 14
Last Thursday my trainer spent all 30 minutes of my session on core exercises. I'm not gonna lie, it has been years since I really worked my core and he about killed me. There's this machine called an AbCoaster. It truly looks like a torture device. Don't believe me? Here's a picture:
Basically you kneel on that pad, bring your knees as close to your chest as you can, hold it a second, then slowly lower it back down. The pad swivels as well, so you can do several variations of said workout and torture every last ab muscle from every direction.
I kid you not, I spent 2 days unable to sit up without the assistance of my arms. Laughter was agony. The next two days I was still sore, but it was bearable. Today I thought I had finally, FINALLY, recovered, but of course the first thing he decided to work on was my core. Turns out I'm still sore. Thank goodness he took pity on me, because it felt like I was ripping my upper right ab muscle when he had me do the ab roller exercise. (It's basically the same exercise you would do with an ab wheel, but with an exercise ball.)
On the plus side, we then worked on upper body strength and he said I was already pretty strong, so yay! I've made it my goal to work up to being able to climb a rope and do a pull-up, so hopefully my strength will go up while my weight goes down so I can do those things during the Spartan next year.
* Side Note: He made me show him my food diary today before we started. I got the nod of approval with the one concern that I may not getting enough calories. I just need to watch my energy level. If it's low, I need to up the calories. This is especially important on days I run.
It was kinda funny 'cuz he asked me near the end of my workout, "Aren't you the one that said the workout is easy. It's the diet that you have trouble with?"
It's all about accountability. I know how to eat. I just need someone to be accountable to so that I don't get sidetracked when life gets crazy.
Thursday I meet with the nutritionist to fine tune my macros.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment