Race Day!!
Pre-Race Smiles
I hurt.
Everywhere.
I seriously hope I can walk soon. Lol. The rest of the day is going to be a crawl-til-you-get-there kind of a day.
BUT
We made it, so all's good!
Actually, I'm pretty happy with how it went. I mean, I didn't expect to come in anywhere near elite athletes, so THAT pressure was off. I just had the pressure of wanting to make it in under 2 hours. So... drum roll.....
6.9 Miles
650 Foot Elevation Gain (Doesn't sound like much, but IT KILLED!)
Sore Back
Sore Hips
Plantar Fasciitis Flair-Up
and Thrashed Knees
Made it in.... 1 HOUR 52 MINUTES!!!
(The crowd goes wild!! J/K Lol)
Of course, once the adrenaline is gone, the real pain sets in. Then you have to wait for the shuttle and you just can't stand ANY LONGER!
(Picture credit for this goes to Amber!)
No, but seriously, it was fun. And I'm so glad these lovely ladies decided to run too. Made it so much MORE fun. (They did AWESOME!!) And, hey, I didn't die, so I'd say it was a success.
So, I've got another medal to add to my collection that has now grown to 2! And I got a snazzy race t-shirt that I can show off at the gym.
And that burger? Um... yeah. I totally ate that without guilt. (Ok. Just a little guilt....) I earned it!!




No comments:
Post a Comment