Day 214
This is what is known as a baby box. Well, a baby stool, in this case. This puppy LOOKS unassuming, cute even, but it struck pure terror into my soul! I have not jumped in years. Just the thought of jumping onto this 12-inch stool was paralyzing, but it had to be done if I'm going to reach my goal of jumping onto a 20-inch stool.
I got in front of this puppy.
I took my jumping position.
And I stared at it for five minutes trying to get the guts to actually jump onto it.
When I finally just went for it, I found out it was easy peasy. Lol. No challenge to it, really. It's funny how sometimes the things that scare us the most are really just walls in our head stopping us from achieving our goals. I feel rather silly for being scared of this now.
With some of my goals, one of the things I need to overcome is the weakness of the skin on my hands. I got these THROUGH my gloves during my 2 1/2 hour workout on Thursday. On Friday, I used chalk to swing from the monkey bars and these puppies hurt. Gotta develop some bigger callouses if I'm gonna be able to go across them bars and climb ropes.


No comments:
Post a Comment