Day 85
Yesterday was the 4th of July - a wonderful holiday celebrating the birth of our nation. Most celebrations center around food, fireworks and fun. Ours was no different. BBQ. Swimming. And, as per tradition, a giant box of fountain fireworks. What could be better?
I made the decision that I would exercise and record my food intake until we found our way over to my parents' house. That meant that starting at about 4 pm I had a free food day with no counting calories or macros - Guilt Free.
Or so I thought.
This afternoon I made the decision to enter everything I ate yesterday as honestly as possible. I figured it was best for me to get an accurate idea of how holidays like that affect my overall goal. It was six hours of freedom. How bad could it be?
BAD!
In case you think you are reading that incorrectly, 6 hours of freedom cost me almost 1100 extra calories. I would have to do a couple hours of extra exercise to make up for that.
Lesson learned?
Yes. I'm going to have days like holidays and birthdays that I'm going to want a little more freedom with my food, BUT it can not be unaccounted for. I do not have the restraint yet. If I'm going to choose to celebrate, I need to know exactly what I'm going to do to my daily count BEFORE I eat. That way I can make a conscious choice as to whether or not that food is worth it and possibly have more control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment