Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Prepared

Day 99

Sometimes I get trapped inside my head and I can't escape. Yesterday morning was one of those times. I'm leaving soon for a vacation to be immediately followed by taking 22 teenage girls camping. In the past this would have destroyed all progress I've made. The knowledge of my weakness on trips was giving me all sorts of anxiety. I don't want to undo everything I've worked so hard on, especially since it takes me so stinking long to make any progress.

Of course, this mindset isn't anything a good 30 minutes with a punching bag can't handle. As usual, it cleared my head and focused me. I've decided I'm not going to let this trip bite me in the butt. I'm going to go prepared with the food that will help, not hurt, me and I'm going to work exercise into my trip via hikes, runs, and whatever types of resistance training I can think up using only my body and/or resistance bands. (I've never actually USED resistance bands before, so this could get interesting. Lol.)

I will come back in better shape, not worse!!!

No comments: