Day 101
My body is changing, and I don't mean my outward appearance. Yesterday we hiked a little over 3 miles on a moderately strenuous trail to this little beauty:
A few months ago, this hike would have killed me. Yesterday I found it rather easy. Sure, there were points where I had to pause because my heart was beating out of my chest, but on the whole I was pretty good. (Well, except for the parts where the trail was on the edge of the mountain and it narrowed to less than a foot. My fear of heights hasn't improved. That's for sure!)
What I found interesting was what I felt in the car on the way home. I was jittery, like my muscles wanted to jump out of my skin. I needed more exercise. Two hours on the trail wasn't enough. I planned on doing planks once I reached the hotel to satiate that need, but my body hasn't changed enough to still want to do it when I roll in at 2 in the morning. Lol
Food Update: Haha! I'm doing it! Apparently I DO have will power. Actually, I was over careful yesterday and inadvertently ate 350 calories less than I should have. Needless to say, I was starving this morning, so I'm taking a "cheat" day. I'm doing 2200 calories instead of 1700.
Gotta stay focused for the rest of the week. The hard part is yet to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment