Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Dance

Day 97

Dude!! I'm having THE best day! So, this morning I was still on a little bit of a high from last night's picture comparison. I know it's not the best comparison in the world, but I'm happy with it. Then, this morning, I decided to brave the scale and had THE best weigh-in. I've lost about 30 pounds since Christmas, 13 or so of it has been since I started at the gym. After months of frustration with myself and with my progress, it was nice to see that I actually have made progress.

Then I ripped a hole in my favorite pair of jeans (the one dark spot in my day) and the others were at the bottom of the dirty clothes pile, so I got up my courage to try on an old pair of jeans that haven't fit in years. THEY FIT!!! OK, so they're a little bit tight, but THEY FIT!! I'm not going to lie. I did a bit of a happy dance around my bedroom. And when I didn't get enough happy satisfaction from that, I ran into my daughter's room yelling, "My pants fit! My pants fit!" while jumping up and down. Unfortunately (for her), she wasn't awake like I thought she was. It was pretty funny to see her startle the way she did. Instead of feeling guilty, though, I just laughed and felt happier. Yep. I'm mean.

Then, I talked my teenage daughter (the one I woke up) into going to the gym with me today (surprised that she actually said yes after the rude awakening) and had THE best workout! First off, let me just say that it was so much fun to have her with me. She's a blast to have around. It didn't hurt that I had to lower the weight settings for her either. (I'm just a tad bit competitive. Lol. Next time she'll blow me out of the water, though, so I'd better be careful.)

Then I had the best run I've had in years! I talked to a friend and marathon trainer last week and he helped me to see that I need to make sure I have some time to recover. I decided to take 3 days off from the stress I've been putting on my body. Today, not only did I run 3/4 of a mile more without stopping to walk (last week I had to walk at 1.25 miles), BUT I shaved 6 minutes off my 2.5 mile run!! DUDE! I CAN RUN 2 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING NOW! I know it's not great in comparison to a healthy person, but it's the best I've done in more than 4 years, so I'm happy!

THEN, when I came home from the gym, I noticed that I wasn't tired like usual. I was - and still am - exhilarated! Not only that, but I'm not in an immense amount of pain. My knees aren't bothering me and my plantar fasciitis isn't all that bad right now. I can walk fairly easily, which is uncommon after a workout. So, yeah! HAPPY DANCE!!

No comments: