Friday, June 30, 2017

Day 80?!?!?!?!

Day 80
(This will likely prove to be a very boring post. I would not blame you one bit if you decided to wait for one a bit more exciting. Lol.)

Wow. Eighty is a depressing number. I feel like I should have progressed a lot more than I have, but I guess I got a little sidetracked. I looked back on my posts and the last time I had a day count was 50 days ago. FIFTY! Although that doesn't mean I haven't worked on my goal at all during that time, it does mean that I haven't been as focused as I should be. I suppose that's what happens when life throws you a curve ball. (Yeah, yeah. I know I helped throw the ball. Lol.)

So, yesterday I weighed in and I've dropped 6 out of the 10 pounds I gained back during the last 3 weeks we had the foster kids. Yay! That also tells me that some of my weight gain was likely water.

I also started counting macros and calories again. What a difference! I had been eating "better" since the foster kids left. I cut out sweets during the day and was trying not to overeat, but I wasn't eating well. Fatty foods and simple carbs were still a large part of my diet. A calorie deficit does not a healthy body make. The right nutrients are what fuel your body and give you energy. Never was this more prevalent than in my last two training sessions.

Tuesday's session was rough. I'd been eating poorly, though still getting a calorie deficit, and I was weak! I HATE feeling weak! Things that should have been easy, weren't. I lacked motivation and, oddly enough, determination. I could feel that I hadn't given my body the fuel it needed.

Yesterday's session was AWESOME!! Wednesday, though I wasn't counting yet, I had started eating healthier. Thursday morning I started counting calories and macros. Every meal was calculated and balanced. When I got to the gym, I was ready and able to power through heavier weights. It served as an awesome reminder of the power of healthy eating.

Goal? Still to run the Spartan Trifecta in 2018. I've been set back a little, but hopefully still have enough time to pull it together.

Off to the gym I go! Got another day of getting back on track ahead of me.

No comments: