Day 138
Today I get to enjoy a rest day. Yay! The Sabbath is the only day I can actually handle taking a day off. Every time I try for a second rest day, I just can't stand not doing something active, so I end up going in to the gym anyway. Needless to say, right now my training is almost constantly on my mind - you know, when I'm not focused on being a wife and mom to 5 kids.
Anyway, the last couple of weeks I've gotten more serious about my training. I've even put together a training schedule for myself. I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested in seeing what I've actually been doing. I get bored easily when I do the same thing over and over again, so there's a lot of variety. I really want to add a kick-boxing or MMA class on Mondays, but I'm still in the process of looking into that. I just think it would be fun.
So, without further ado, here's a glance at my average week:
The mileage of each run actually increases each week and I do a little core everyday as well. I haven't actually attended boot camp yet (going to join that torture for the first time this week), but you get the general idea.
I'm having a lot of fun. It's amazing how I've gone from groaning to loving it.
OK, as promised, here's the reasons I appreciate my body:
7) It can handle this rigorous schedule despite my size.
8) It can heal from injury. (The human body is truly amazing!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment