Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Numbers are In and Other Miscellaneous Thoughts

Day 156

Wow. It's been awhile since I last wrote. 17 days to be exact. Lots has happened since then:

1. I got the flu and learned that, though you can exercise through a cold, it's not a great idea to do so when you're feverish. (Don't worry I didn't go anywhere I could contaminate someone when I exercised.) Fevers pull moisture out of your body and raise your internal temperature. Exercise does as well and can make you feel worse. WebMD recommends you do a neck check. If symptoms are above the neck, go ahead and exercise. If they're below, time to rest and allow your body to heal. In the end, this is what I ended up having to do. It stunk royally.

2. I learned not to crow too loudly about having finally figured out my diet and think I've got it all under control. I dropped off my first baby girl at college last weekend. Yeah, I totally succumbed to emotional eating and gave into my sugar cravings. Thankfully I was able to get myself right back on track on Monday and have had 4 perfect food days since.

3. Last week I made a deal with the devil. I told my trainer that I needed him to push me more. He was hesitant because of my knees, but I promised him I'd get sleeves to wear if he'd do it. (I didn't have them on for even one full session before I ripped them off and threw them on the ground. I tried....) Now he's taken to taunting me while I struggle by telling me I asked for it. I told him I wasn't complaining, but he said it was just in case I was thinking I was complaining. As if! Little does he know that I'm not easily broken when it comes to physical battles of the will!

4. We took measurements today for the first time since I joined the gym last April. Here's my loss:
27 lbs (40 since December 2016) (I'm using the numbers on my scale, not his.)
3.2 % body fat
3 inches around my hips
2 inches around my thigh
1.5 inches around my waist
1.75 inches around my upper left arm
2.5 inches around my chest
1 inch around my shoulders

5. Finally, when I joined the gym, I set a short term goal to be able to run 4 miles without stopping to walk and to lose 2 dress sizes. Though I've only gone down 1 dress size, I can run further than 4 miles without stopping. Feels good to have reached at least one of my goals.

Night All!

No comments: