Tuesday, May 2, 2017

No Possible Way?

Day 21

Well, it's been three weeks. Woohoo! I already feel a difference in my clothing and in my energy level. No one else will be able to see it yet, but I can in little ways. There are muscle bulges that have appeared out of nowhere and my upper body has taken on a slightly different shape. I'm not sure I've lost much weight, per se, but I have hopes that I'm shrinking in inches. The best change yet, though, is that I no longer feel cravings for sugar as badly as I used to.

So, last night I asked my husband if it was crazy for me to run to the gym before my one hour training session and then run home. He looked at me like I was the epitome of crazy and basically told me not to do it. Thank goodness I decided to heed his advice. I'd been feeling pretty good after my workouts and thought I could handle more, but apparently Steve, my trainer, was just getting started. lol

If I was only able to use one word to describe today's session, I would have to use "hard." Luckily this is my blog and I can use two, so I'd like to add the word "embarrassing." Yep, that's the word I'd like to go with right now. There was some "You want me to do WHAT?," a little "Yeah, right," one solid "yeah, there's no way that's gonna happen" and, finally, a "uh, yeah, probably not a great idea."

Boy, looking at it now, it looks a little whiny, but, seriously, he wanted me to do a one-legged squat with no assistance. That's hard for a normal sized person. I'm strong, but I'm not She-Ra!

I learned an important lesson, though. It's not about whether or not I can do it now. It's about stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something I don't think I can do. It's the only way to make strides.

I tried every single one of those exercises I questioned. Some were easier than I thought. Some landed me on my rear. (Which was why it was embarrassing.) The one legged squat I safely made all the way down to the stool, but there was no possible way I was going to get back up, at least not today. I'm going to work on it on my own so I can do better next time.

By the time I was done, every muscle in my body was shaking and I was slightly sick to my stomach. Yeah, running home probably wasn't my best idea. Yay for the car!

P.S. - I thought today was going to be the day I would finally get all my calories in. I was so hungry after my workout. Nope! I even doubled the amount of protein powder I used, but I was still about 400 calories short.

No comments: