Days 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30
May is always a busy time of year. The school year is coming to and end. There are awards ceremonies, concerts, promotions, graduations, banquets.... The list goes on and on. This year is especially busy with unplanned doctor physicals for scout camp, dental appointments and foster care preparations. I wish I could show you my calendar. Every time I put something in I get a notice that it conflicts with another event. Easily put, times like May are the reason I signed a six month contract for a personal trainer.
I got a good taste of this over the last week. We were so busy with the rushed preparations for foster care that I spoke about in my last post, that my health goals went completely haywire. I did the best I could, I really did, but there were days I ate something I shouldn't have and days I simply didn't have time to eat at all. On Monday, we had such a severe time crunch that I had to completely abandon my normal workout. Come Monday night, I was exhausted and wanted to just throw in the towel, but I couldn't. I had a set appointment with the trainer the next day.
Honestly, I was a little scared to go back in - like he would somehow know that I had been derailed. Silly it might have been, but it was what I needed to do what I've never been able to do int he past: jump right back in.
I expect that there will be more times like this within the next few weeks. There are several banquets I have to attend with my daughter (which is tough on the diet side of things) and we still have get to introduce 2-3 foster kids into our already crazy schedule (which is tough on the exercise side of things), but I'm hoping that this accountability thing will do the trick and help me press on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment