Saturday, January 13, 2018

Snatch and Run

Day 277

So, little by little I'm getting back on track after my surprise miscarriage last week (and by surprise, I mean I didn't even know I was pregnant). I've healed and am starting to get my strength back. 

On Friday I was actually able to get a full workout in. I enjoyed all three hours of it:

* Once across the monkey bars for kicks
* 1 1/2 hours or so of snatch and clean and jerk practice
* 5 rounds for time: 5 kipping knee raises, 10-v-ups, 3 wall walks and 10 12" box jumps
* Hip abductor and adductor machines: pyramid up to 235 lbs
* 32 minutes of interval running

As I start to transition into olympic lifting, I'm spending much more time on the platform with a bar and bumper plates. My goal had been to be able to power snatch 100 lbs by six weeks from now. I made it to 90 lbs yesterday, so... NEW GOAL:


The background on the above image is actually the state of my pants after my workout. One of these days I'll learn to use chalk and not get it all over myself.

Today I had my first real run in over a month. Gotta get back on track if I'm even thinking of still running the Spartan trifecta this year (my shift in focus has me questioning this). Only did 4 miles and my feet were completely asleep by the end of it, but I made it. (I think I tied my laces too tight.) Hopefully I'll be back to normal next week. 


P.S. - I officially have ankles again! It's hard to tell at this angle, but they're there! Gotta celebrate the small stuff!



No comments: